What is a characteristic of a logical point-to-point topology?
- The media access control protocol can be very simple.
What are three characteristics of valid Ethernet Layer 2 addresses? (Choose three.)
- They are 48 binary bits in length.
- They are considered physical addresses.
- They are generally represented in hexadecimal format.
What two facts are true when a device is moved from one network or subnet to another? (Choose two.)
- The device will still operate at the same Layer 2 address.
- The Layer 3 address must be reassigned to allow communications to the new network.
What is a primary purpose of encapsulating packets into frames?
- facilitate the entry and exit of data on media
Which options are properties of contention-based media access for a shared media? (Choose three.)
- less overhead
- collisions exist
What is the purpose of the preamble in an Ethernet frame?
is used for timing synchronization
What is a function of the data link layer?
- provides for the exchange data over a common local media
What statements are true regarding addresses found at each layer of the OSI model? (Choose two.)
- Layer 2 may identify devices by a physical address burned into the network card
- Layer 3 represents a hierarchical addressing scheme
Refer to the exhibit. How many CRC calculations will take place as traffic routes from the PC to the laptop?
What is the primary purpose of the trailer in a data link layer frame?
- support frame error detection
Which sublayer of the data link layer prepares a signal to be transmitted at the physical layer?
Refer to the exhibit. A frame is being sent from the PC to the laptop. Which source MAC and IP addresses will be included in the frame as it leaves RouterB? (Choose two.)
- source MAC - Fa0/1 on RouterB
- source IP - PC
What is true concerning physical and logical topologies?
- Logical topologies consist of virtual connections between nodes.
Refer to the exhibit. Which statement describes the media access control methods that are used by the networks in the exhibit?
- Network 1 uses CSMA/CD and Network 3 uses CSMA/CA.
Which three factors should be considered when implementing a Layer 2 protocol in a network? (Choose three.)
- the geographic scope of the network
- the physical layer implementation
- the number of hosts to be interconnected
What is true regarding media access control? (Choose three.)
- Ethernet utilizes CSMA/CD
- defined as placement of data frames on the media
- Data Link layer protocols define the rules for access to different media
A network administrator has been asked to provide a graphic representation of exactly where the company network wiring and equipment are located in the building. What is this type of drawing?
- physical topology
Which statements describe the logical token-passing topology? (Choose two.)
- Computers are allowed to transmit data only when they possess a token.
- Electronic tokens are passed sequentially to each other.
What determines the method of media access control? (Choose two.)
- media sharing
- logical topology
Refer to the exhibit. Assuming that the network in the exhibit is converged meaning the routing tables and ARP tables are complete, which MAC address will Host A place in the destination address field of Ethernet frames destined for www.server?