Which attribute of a solid state drive would be an advantage when being used in a laptop?
- Solid state drives have a higher storage capacity than a regular drive.
Which maintenance task can be performed to speed up file access on a laptop?
- disk defragmentation
Which two sources can be used to determine the amount of currently installed RAM on a computer? (Choose two.)
- POST screen
- System Properties dialog box
Which IEEE specification defines the FireWire standard?
Which statement is true about version control of files that are transferred between a Windows laptop and a Windows desktop PC?
- Windows does not allow files with the same name to exist in the same folder.
Which laptop component is typically considered a CRU?
Which IEEE specification defines WPAN technology?
Some keys on a laptop work intermittently. They sometimes type the letter and sometimes do not. What should a technician do to fix this problem?
- Clean the keyboard.
Which three standard procedures must always be included in a preventive maintenance schedule? (Choose three.)
- physical cleaning
- hard drive maintenance
- software updates
A laptop fails to start after a new hard drive has been installed. What are two possible causes of this problem? (Choose two.)
- The hard drive was not hot swappable.
- The BIOS does not recognize the new hard drive.
Which two types of batteries should be completely discharged and then fully recharged to remove the charge memory? (Choose two.)
A laptop that previously worked now fails to boot. The cursor fails to appear on the screen. When a bootable DVD is inserted, the system still fails to boot even though it is set to boot from CD/DVD. The fan turns, so power is applied and the power light is on. The technician installs the hard drive in another laptop and it works there. What is the probable cause of the problem?
- The CD/DVD drive has failed.
What are two steps a technician should take before repairing a laptop? (Choose two.)
- Backup all data stored on the laptop.
- Check the warranty to see if repairs must be done by an authorized service center.
A customer is unable to use a laptop on battery power for more than 30 minutes. What would a technician suggest to this customer?
- Replace the laptop battery.
Which Windows Vista tool is accurately described?
- Disk Defragmenter is meant to be used when a computer has files that are modified, added, or deleted often.
Why should care be taken when charging and handling a laptop battery?
- Laptop batteries can explode if mishandled or improperly charged.
Refer to the exhibit. Which type of connection is being established between the PDA and the infrared keyboard?
A technician is trying to repair a laptop where the images on the display can only be seen when looking at the screen from an angle. What needs to be done to fix the problem?
- Replace the LCD backlight.
Which acronym describes a laptop part that can be replaced by a customer?
Which type of encryption key should be enabled on WPA-compliant devices?