What is the recommended procedure for cleaning a computer fan assembly?
- Hold the fan blades in place and clean them with compressed air.
Which two ports are used to connect external media readers to a computer? (Choose two.)
When a technician is servicing a laser printer, which two dangers need to be avoided? (Choose two.)
- electrical shock
How should a floppy disk drive be cleaned?
- Use a drive cleaning kit.
What manufacturing process makes a multicore processor operate faster than a single-core processor on the same motherboard?
- The multicore processors are designed with multiple processors integrated into the same circuit.
While performing routine maintenance, a user notices that the desk area around the computer is cluttered and dusty. After cleaning the desk area, what action should the user take to clean the computer?
- Remove all dust and debris from the computer using a can of compressed air.
Why should you use an antistatic mat when working on the internal components of a computer?
- reduce the chance of computer components being damaged by ESD
A customer is interested in video editing and has purchased a FireWire hard drive for storage of videos. However, no FireWire ports are available on the motherboard. What type of adapter will the customer be interested in obtaining?
A technician is concerned that a computer is overheating. The computer reboots without warning. What can the technician do to improve the circulation of air through the computer?
- Add one or more case fans.
Under which circumstance would the use of an antistatic wrist strap be discouraged?
- when working with high voltage circuits
What is the recommended way to clean an optical drive?
- Use compressed air and lint-free cotton swabs.
You are monitoring a new technician installing a device driver on a Windows-based PC. The technician asks why the company requires the use of signed drivers. What would be the best response to give?
- A signed driver has passed Microsoft's quality lab test and prevents a system from being compromised.
A technician has determined that a computer is failing to boot because of a power supply that is not supplying power to the hard drives. What is the correct course of action?
- No attempt should be made to repair the power supply. The power supply should be replaced with a power supply of equal or greater wattage.
Which type of hard drive cable connects drives in a daisy chain series and requires manual termination at each end of the daisy chain to prevent data corruption?
Why should a technician avoid using magnetized tools when repairing a computer?
- They can generate ESD that can affect the CPU.
A technician needs to retrieve a DVD from an optical drive that is jammed and fails to open. What is the best method the technician could use to retrieve the DVD?
- Insert a pin in the small hole next to the eject button.
When a computer boots, the hard disk is not recognized. What are two possible causes of the problem? (Choose two.)
- The power cable is not attached properly to the drive.
- The data cable is loose or disconnected.
What is a critical step when installing a second PATA hard drive in a computer?
- Ensure that pin one of the PATA data cable is correctly aligned with the connector.
Which method of disk writing does RAID 5 use?
A technician begins gathering data from a customer by asking open-ended questions. Which question is a proper open-ended question?
- What happens when the PC is powered on?